Observing our planet from space has revolutionised understanding and protection of our environment. At the core of this system: Argos beacons, altimeters for ocean observation, space radars which monitor maritime regions. The CNES subsidiary operates and/or processes data from more than 80 instruments on board nearly 40 satellites.
Through its renowned expertise and experience acquired more than 20 years of operating satellite systems, CLS is a major contributor to global efforts in the field of environmental monitoring, sustainable management of marine resources and maritime safety. Our solutions offer direct operational support to government, institutions and industries working in these areas.
CLS's forward-looking vision is turned toward guaranteeing quality of service to customers at all times. Our teams strive constantly to provide the best service and obtain the most accurate environmental data. Because the more we understand about Earth's mechanisms, the better we can predict its evolution and safeguard its natural resources
- 06-2012 : Will Black Gold one day be green?
- 04-2012 : How CLS could have helped the TITANIC
- 03-2012: SPACE: To help protect against piracy, geopolitical upheavals and climate threats, France provides Europe with its maritime security system for tracking ocean-going vessels
- 09-2011: CLS opens a presence in China, to better promote its satellite services to the Chinese market
- 04-2011: CLS - 25 years An extraordinary economic success story: the creation of a renowned international company, specialised in the provision of satellite services
- 03-2011: CLS, a French company, is supplying the Vietnamese government with a fisheries surveillance system also capable of sending typhoon warnings by satellite
- 12-2010: CLS will be at Salon Maritima, Paris, Porte de Versailles, Halle 5.1 from 8 to 11 December
- 10-2010: CLS at Euronaval, Paris Le Bourget, France, from October 25th to 29th
- 09-2010: CLS, a partner in the Cap Istanbul equips all the skippers with location terminal able to send request for assistance
- 09-2010: CLS acquires ALTAMIRA INFORMATION and strengthens its position as a supplier of services based on radar satellite images
- 03-2010: The floods caused by Xynthia observed from space
- 06-2010: CLS expands its activities in the tracking of industrial vehicles
- 05-2010: SEAS-OI, Réunion Island acquires an acquisition and processing system for high-resolution satellite images
- 02-2010: CLS at Ocean International in London from the 9th to the 11th of March
- 11-2008: CLS, Official supplier of space-based data provides satellite-based iceberg detection services to the 2008-2009 Vendée Globe event
- 09-2008: Long Range Identification and Tracking
- 07-2008: CLS optimizes shipping routes and helps fight against piracy.
- 02-2008: CLS becomes a worldwide leader in processing and interpreting satellite radar images for ocean study and monitoring